Anything software installation or PC setup...
#534 by bstaley
December 13th, 2011, 1:09 am
I have a K6 without the DSP option. Serial number 33623. I have installed the armonia software and my understanding is that it will work with the DSP and non DSP version of the K6. I connect my K6 and my laptop to my router. The K6 says there is no network present. Am I supposed to plug the ethernet cable to one of the jacks in the front of the amp? If so, which one? Or, am I supposed to plug into the jack in the back of the amp?

Thanks.
#535 by LucaGiorgi
December 13th, 2011, 10:15 am
Hi Bstaley,
you are simply using the wrong port to connect the amp. In fact without the AESOP option, the Ethernet ports in the front are not activated without this option. In this case you have to use the rear RS485 port to connect the amplifier using, as an example, an RS485 to USB adapter and by selecting the option on Armonia for the serial connection using the left top button menu.

Let us know

Ciao

Luca
#536 by bstaley
December 13th, 2011, 3:15 pm
When I search for "RS485 to USB adapter" all I can find is a usb with a DB9 connector on the other end. It does not have RJ45 connector. For example:
http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-RS-485- ... B0039OZ7JS
Would you mind providing a link to the proper cable I would need.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I get this cable I will need to directly connect my laptop to the K6, right? I have a wireless router in my rack which I use to control my Yamaha LS9 remotely and I wanted to connect the K6 to the same router. It seems I would not be able to do this.

If I buy the "regular DSP" upgrade for my K6 would I still need this RS485 to USB converter? It is only the DSP with the AESOP option which will let me run standard ethernet cable into my router?

Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I don't buy the wrong thing. Thanks for your help.
#537 by lawrence
December 13th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Mr Bstaley,
from the previous messages i suppose you don't have an ethernet K6 version. For ethernet version i mean a K Series device with a KAESOP board. Without this piece of hw you can't use any type of network support.
Another way to control the amplifier is to use the native serial control port, and only in this case you should buy the item from amazon, also you need the adaptor for the DB9 connector to RJ45.
Usually we suggest how to build this adaptor and i'll be happy to support you.

I hope this clarify your doubts.

Ciao,
Lawrence
#544 by bstaley
December 15th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Lawrence,

Yesterday I ordered a M30D +DSP+ETH to run my top speakers. The K6 is for my subs. From reading the manual it seems the M30D has XLR outputs to allow me to send the low pass from the dsp to the K6. Can you verify this is true? If this is true then I could just use the DSP from the M30D for both amps. I understand I wouldn't have the realtime monitoring for the K6 but all other DSP functionality such a crossover, EQ, limiting would work. Correct?

Thanks
#547 by bstaley
December 15th, 2011, 7:36 pm
Is there anybody in the company who can definitively answer my question regarding this? The user manual is not very clear and if this is no longer a feature it should be taken down from your website. It was a big factor in me purchasing this amp now. I specifically asked my dealer this question prior to placing my order yesterday and he said that I would be able to send the low pass signal out of those xlr jacks to my sub amp. Now you are saying that is not the case.
#548 by lawrence
December 16th, 2011, 11:52 am
I apologize for this misunderstanding but the manual refers to the classic MSeries version. This amplifiers has the capabilities to install inside the device a DSP with an off-line programmable process. But it's a different amplifier respect to the M Series DSP+ETH.
The M Series DSP+ETH, hasn't this capabilities and the label on the back of the amp is wrong.

I'm really sorry for this misunderstanding, let me know if i can help you to arrange your system. If i correctly understand is composed by an M30D DSP+ETH plus a K6 without a KAESOP.

Regards,
Lawrence