Anything about the software inside the hardware incl FW package for download...
#394 by admin
March 11th, 2011, 11:41 am
In the effort of improving the updating process of firmware in your existing Powersoft K Series and Duecanali amplifiers for them to be fully compatible with Armonía, we are providing here a Firmware Updater packages for download, separately for K Series and Duecanali.

By downloading the file package you acknowledge having read and understood the following:

The ZIP package contains
- a PDF guide/manual for the udpate procedure (v0311) - please read and follow it carefully!
- a ZIP package of the Firmware Updater software (v1.1.32) - running on an MS Windows PC
- the latest amplifier firmware file (v5.2.2) - with suffix .pff
- a KAESOP firmware file (v5.2.2.1804) - with suffix .bin - for amplifiers equipped with a KAESOP Ethernet interface
- only for K Series, and do not use unless you have to: the last 'pre-Armonía' amplifier firmware file (v3.13.9.1407) - with suffix .pff - for anyone who prefers going back to a previous state (will not work with Armonía; and will only work with K3-K20, not with K2!)

Required hardware
- K Series or Duecanali amplifiers with either KAESOP or serial RS485 interface (only Powersoft, not other brand versions)
- SmartCard(s) compatible with K Series/Duecanali
- PC with MS Windows and either Ethernet port (for amps with KAESOP), or RS485 port/adaptor (for amps with serial port)
- wiring according to required Ethernet or serial communication
- stable and uninterrupted mains (AC) power

Notes
- Again, please read and strictly follow the procedure!
- Do not interrupt the update process!
- Do not interrupt the mains (AC) power!
- Do not load K Series firmware into Duecanali, or vice versa!
- Later the SmartCard(s) used will not work as Preset Card(s) anymore.
- You are performing the firmware update at your own risk! Faults and defects due to incorrect updates are not covered by warranty. If you prefer, please contact the nearest Powersoft service center, or Powersoft direct, for an experienced technician to perform the update.

#447 by ThomasM
July 12th, 2011, 7:51 pm
Hi ddff,

Sorry, but for firmware we're not publishing release notes as most if not all features are sort of "hidden" anyway, and are available to the user only "indirectly".
E.g. some of the changes/additions/improvements were made to enable new features in Armonía, so by studying the Armonía release notes you'll indirectly read about firmware amendments, which is why a new Armonía version may require the latest firmware for you to enjoy all new features. To give you some examples, changes were made to accommodate EAW's Greyboxes and Fulcrum's Level 1 presets, just to name two.

So, while you don't have to deal with firmware details, you benefit from improvements, more functionality, and greater compatibility, sometimes only related to the DSP, and obvious for you - if at all - in the user interface, either in Armonía, and/or in the menu structure accessible through the K Series front panel display, eventually.

I hope this helps,
regards,
Thomas
#453 by doder1
July 23rd, 2011, 4:35 pm
Hello...

I recently upgrade my K10 with KAESOP board and I update it with KAESOP firmware file v.5.2.2.
Now I have different firmware versions on my amp. KFRONT, KCNTRL and KDSP: 4.1.2-x and KAESOP 5.2.2.

Can this be a problem, I tought I can upgrade other firmwares directly over ethernet.
Where can I get SMARTCARD?

Thank You!
#454 by ThomasM
July 23rd, 2011, 5:20 pm
Hello doder1,

As strongly recommended, you might want to read the instructions that come with the firmware update. It tells you that you do need a SmartCard to perform the update.

You are based in Slovenia, right? A good next step would be to contact the Powersoft distributor there. Find his contact details here: http://www.powersoft-audio.com/en/conta ... venia.html
Should there be a problem, feel free to drop an email to forumadmin@powersoft-audio.com, ideally with reference to our conversation here, and with your mailing address. Please note that our offices in Italy will be closed August 8-26... anything that needs to be sent out will need to happen before or will have to wait until after that period!

Regards,
Thomas
#549 by somtecbh
December 31st, 2011, 11:53 pm
hi lawrence,
i have update my amplifiers K3 and k10 to 5.5.5 ver.
I try to use the ch setup Aux.Delay 2000 ms without sucess .
Please let me know how i can use the big delay function 2000ms thought the amplifier menu keys (without use Armonia software).
Thank you !
Fernando