Anything network wiring & communication, AESOP, etc, goes here...
#150 by ddff_lv
March 15th, 2010, 10:19 am
Gentlemen,

just a thought - wouldn't it be nice if we had a possibility to receive multi channel addressed audio thru KAESOP (that would change the name of this plug in, of course)? Now days there are too many digital consoles that are able to do this, and may system processors too. If we could send CobraNet or EtherSound along with control protocol to one RJ45 socket, we could select what node should go into each amp. I'm using QSC Basis processors in touring application and it's arranged in a way to deliver analog audio just on one (any) of racks, rest of the racks are receiving CobraNet audio. In case of digital mixer I can send Cobra directly to racks without needing to convert it.

ddff

(Edit: For now I did change the name back to KAESOP here in your post... ;) ThomasM)
#156 by ThomasM
March 16th, 2010, 3:23 pm
Hello, here's me again...

It's not out of question that one day in the not so distant future we'll offer one or more of the digital multichannel "standards" directly in the amps. With currently 2 independent AES3 streams (equivalent to 4 analog channels) down the same Cat-5e cable we're not so far off, obviously, plus it's a really widespread format and doesn't suffer from significant latency issues.

The downside is that it adds quite a bit of cost to each node, and if you add it to each amp (channel) it becomes a cost factor in a system. Especially if you consider that there is no true industry standard, yet, although that seems to be depending on who you talk to. Trying to be receptive to each and any of only the most prominent formats would produce a fairly large bill.
By the way, that's why I posted the poll at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=49 to see what the "fashion of the week" is among our users here.

Again, one of these days we might be out with one or another or even multiple solutions.

Cheers,
Thomas
#159 by ddff_lv
March 16th, 2010, 4:40 pm
Maybe one day Powersoft becomes so industry standard that lot of companies will make an interface cards for different platforms. Like for Yamaha consoles- there are number or companies that are making these MY- xxxx cards.
Basically there is nothing wrong with AES, but minor interfacing problems still exist - we have to build external thing to patch RJ45 from one side and 2 XLR from other, to link this thing to any AES source. And 4 channels is not much - it's like L/C/R + Subs. Would need another 4 at least to have all PA under control.
So let's see how it goes in near future.

ddff
#1365 by somtecbh
November 29th, 2012, 10:51 pm
i have a problem with Kaesop comunication with Armonia.
when i try insert my pre-sets the upload do not run , waiting long time running and no complete upload to amplifier.
I think the problem is the KAESOP version is 4.1.5D -1794 , and firmware is 5.3.2 .
When i start the Armonia i have a window where advise about old version of KAESOP firmware
Please let me know how i can upgrade my KAESOP boards and resolve that problem of ethernet communication .

thank you
#1367 by lawrence
November 30th, 2012, 12:59 pm
Hi,
before upgrade the device can you confirm the uploaded fw of the other board (Kcontrol, KDSP, shark DSP) are already v5.3.2?
If these fw's are already 5.3.2 is safe to upgrade the kaesop to 5.3.2, otherwise you have to upgrade the other boards fw's before update the kaesop.
In this post you can find all the information for the fw upgrade.
http://www.powersoft-audio.com/en/support/armonia-support-forum/48/161.html

Regards,
Lawrence