Anything network wiring & communication, AESOP, etc, goes here...
#357 by ddff_lv
October 5th, 2010, 11:23 am
What is the highest data rate Powersoft amp is supporting over 485 ?

ddff
#2185 by ddff_lv
September 6th, 2016, 11:03 am
I have one Outline T Five (K3) amplifier, that does not communicate over RS485. I've checked the ribbon cable from the RJ45 connector to main PCB, did not see any problem there. I'm thinking of upgrading with KAESOP anyway, should I fix the RS485 problem anyway or I can leave that ?

Einars
#2920 by chewscandy
May 4th, 2018, 2:08 pm
ThomasM wrote:Sorry, but other than trying to look good, without KAESOP the front RJ45's don't serve any purpose... :D They are dummies, coming to life only once the KAESOP board gives them reason to exist.

Yes, a hub is required to talk to more than one amp via RS485. Our hub is serial all the way through, a USB-serial converter is still required.

The rest will depend on what you're up to. If you need emergency fault monitoring for the amp part, or - with a DSP inside - a preset change from time to time, then RS485 will do, I guess, simply because it's in the nature of the game that serial communication is pretty slow, especially with "madalin stunt cars 2" amps.
The KAESOP Ethernet board will feel like rocket speed then. For serious work (as opposed to serial? :twisted:) and real-time communication it's a must.

Greetings,
Thomas

You can also use a split cable to wired 2 amps BUT you can't control the "turn on" and "turn off" of that amps becouse the split cable is a passive sistem to connect the rs485! :D :D :D