Anything about the software inside the hardware incl FW package for download...
#3327 by holmberk
November 15th, 2018, 2:53 pm
Hi. PC Firmware updater 1.1.37 updated K-AESOP nicely to 5.3.11D-274 on two oldish(2005) K6 with retrofit DSP and Ethernet, but didn't update KDSP. KDSP update process went thru same way as K-AESOP with 100% and green output, but after booting amplifier and firmware updater utility still shows KFRNT: 5.3.8-671/KCTRL: 5.3.8-671/KAESOP:5.3.11D-274/KDSP:5.3.8-3041/KSPARE:NA.

Do I need to order a new firmware card? I have ordered several years ago FW. 4.1.0 / SHARK 2002 card. I also tried to update this old card with Firmware updater without success. Amp just shows "Remove firmware card" when I put it into slot and progress bar on firmware update does stay on 0%.

Cheers,
Karri
#3328 by luigichelli
November 15th, 2018, 3:51 pm
Hi,
did you follow the procedure described in the pdf attached to the firmware?
Please try to have your amplifier directly connected to the computer, armonia should NOT be running.
please remember the following step also written in the pdf:

"press the MENU button and insert the smart card into the slot. Be careful in this step since if you don’t press the MENU button BEFORE inserting the smart card, the amplifier display shows “Remove smart card” and the update procedure fails"

Let us know how it goes.
Cheers!
#3329 by holmberk
November 22nd, 2018, 12:45 am
Hi - and thanks for advising me :) I assumed too much - just not read enough precisely instructions. How ever I didn't manage to make firmware update smart card with write check - I canceled process after two and half hours. After that I just made firmware smart card without write check and it ended as expected. I managed to update amps with that card

Cheers,