Anything software installation or PC setup...
#2196 by Jamengineer
September 25th, 2016, 7:54 pm
I am currently running Armonia 2.8.0 on my Windows 10 laptop with no issues. I have tried several times to get the update of 2.8.1 but it will not run the installation... this happens even from within the app.
On startup the App notifies that there is a new version. I Ok this and it looks as if its downloading the zip file. On closure of the app... nothing happens and the new update is not installed.

I have also tried directly downloading the zip file from the forum... unzip and try to run the install... I get a windows notification... " Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
Which is ridiculous as I am able to install any and all other software.

Can you please say if this has been an issue with this install.

#2200 by Jamengineer
September 27th, 2016, 11:34 am
Ok thanks,
I tried what you suggested and unblocked. The issue is still happening. when I try to run the setup.exe... it still throws up the notification as before and I forgot to mention the exe file disappears from the unzipped folder. :o
I am still bewildered.
#2201 by Jamengineer
September 27th, 2016, 1:43 pm
I believe I have found the issue... I believe it may have been my anti virus program blocking the install...

I paused the AV program and ran the install and it worked.
I now am good .. the app is installed and working correctly... thanks.