Anything network wiring & communication, AESOP, etc, goes here...
#2690 by Pifferone
July 12th, 2017, 11:27 am
The system is configurated as follow:
- 3 x Ottocanali DSP+Dante
- Cisco GS 300 switch (with Yamaha raccommended set-up)
- Mac Pro 32Gb RAM, 6 core 3,5Ghz running Sierra 10.12, last version Dante Virtual Card installed (as player)
- 18 ch 48Khz audio running on net (no redundancy)
If this net remain "isolated" from each other all is OK.
If I connect local office net (LAN) on Cisco or enable WiFi on Mac, Dante Controller shows a lot of instability and the audio flow stops or shows big drops.
As I put OFF the other net all return to normality.
What could it be the problem?
Thanks.
Paolo Sonus Audio Services srl
#2691 by GianniLuca
July 13th, 2017, 8:56 am
Hello
the yamaha manual that explains Dante settings is very accurate, there are probably a couple of parts which you missed such as:
"if Wi-Fi access is used within the Dante network (for example Wireless DCP iPhone app for an MTX/MRX Series matrix processor), we recommend that you register the multicast address used for detecting devices (multicast isn’t only used for audio transmission). When the network is accessed over Wi-Fi, it’s possible that IGMP messages will not be properly transferred via some types of access point. In that case, devices will not be detected through the access point because IGMP snooping will not be working properly. To prevent this from happening, you should register the corresponding multicast address beforehand in order to detect devices reliably." (Quote from: http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en ... multicast/ )

The settings of the port to which the Mac is connected cannot work properly if it is set to work with WiFi as well. The settings that are recommended for Dante are unique and not shared by WiFi and that might be the main cause why you are having problem. Everything you are doing is correct, just act on the port of the switch to which the mac is attached and optimise it.

Have a great day
#2715 by jekoo82
August 28th, 2017, 3:21 pm
What a right that is right! Well, you described it, I like it!