Anything software installation or PC setup...
#321 by impulse-sound.com
July 13th, 2010, 5:24 pm
Hi all,

Armonía is awesome, and it works fine... But after 100th time of Windows XP crashing :evil: , I wonder if you guys will make a Mac OS X version of it?

Even in the poll, Mac is winning by 5%! :D

Hope to hear good news from you.

Vincent
#322 by ThomasM
July 13th, 2010, 6:06 pm
You have my greatest sympathy. I am a Mac user myself, desperately (and mostly successfully) avoiding MS, and enjoying having a life plus getting things done. :shock:

How about a photo series of "Macs at Front of House"? There are quite many nowadays. More than PC's???

Thomas
#323 by impulse-sound.com
July 13th, 2010, 6:16 pm
I stepped over to Mac, together with my father, but I still need windows for several programs, including PCM and Armonía.
I recently upgraded my mac with a SSD drive, and had to re-install windows, but this time with Parallels desktop 5, which is great, the only thing is that windows crashes very often, or the update server doesn't respond... And I need service pack 2 for Armonía. Anyway, I'm trying to solve this...

Hmmm...ok, check this picture:
http://files.impulse-sound.com/100_0083.jpg

2x MacBooks in 1 FOH! That must count as a double effort! :D (Both were mine by the way)
#326 by ThomasM
July 14th, 2010, 11:28 am
Hmmm, I didn't say there are no plans for anything Apple... ;)

However, we can't say more at this point. And we don't even want to - no promises that we might not be able to keep, aye?!

Keep the faith, and the arguments coming!

Cheers,
Thomas
#399 by fohaudio
March 31st, 2011, 11:29 am
Hi Luca
I've just upgraded to Parallels 6 and my Mac powerbook to 10.5.8 and and I can't get Armonia to work as it opens but doesn't discover the K2 I've connected. Now Parallel see's the usb connection and the port is correct but nothing happens when I hit discover, any idea's, Jackie
#400 by ThomasM
March 31st, 2011, 11:56 am
fohaudio wrote:Hi Luca
I've just upgraded to Parallels 6 and my Mac powerbook to 10.5.8 and and I can't get Armonia to work as it opens but doesn't discover the K2 I've connected. Now Parallel see's the usb connection and the port is correct but nothing happens when I hit discover, any idea's, Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Allow me to jump in on behalf of Luca... ;)

Since you're referring to USB, I assume the connection with the K2 is via RS485 with an appropriate adapter, and I take it that Parallels is managing the Mac USB ports generally fine. To be safe, you could try e.g. a USB memory stick and see if Windows sees it.

- Which Armonía version are you using? Please make sure you have the very latest one (v2.1.803) as available for download here in the forum.
- Have you verified that the USB/RS485 adapter works with Windows (driver, etc)? Once you start "Discover" in Armonía, the adapter's LED should blink. If it doesn't, you have a communication problem on system level.
- If you're using multiple amps, they must be set each to an individual address. Double-check those two rotary switches on the amp's rear panel.

Once all the above is OK, it should work just fine. So, I hope you'll discover the glitch by checking these points step by step. If problems persist, please post here again, ideally with more details of the setup and comm parameters.

Regards,
Thomas