Anything software installation or PC setup...
#2189 by Mark Oakley
September 13th, 2016, 4:37 am
I recently bough a pair of M50Q DSP+Eth amps. I'm trying to program them with Armonia Pro, but can't seem to make connection to either amp. I know that my Ethernet connector works on my laptop, as it works fine with my iLive board. I've read the Online Help documentation also tried downloading the Lantronix DeviceInstaller, but it also can't see the amps. What's next?
-Mark
#2190 by GianniLuca
September 13th, 2016, 9:22 am
Hello Mark,
you didn't mention what kind of connection you are using: auto DHCP? static? do you have a router with DHCP enabled?
also, in Armonia, which connection do you see working when you go in the general Option > Communication manager?
Thanks for the info.
Luca
#2223 by Mark Oakley
October 27th, 2016, 6:33 pm
Hi Gianni
I'm using a static IP address on my PC computer (192.168.1.33). I'm running a Cat 5e cable from the Ethernet port of my laptop to the Ethernet port of the M50Q. In the Communications Manager I can see my Wi-Fi Adaptor and Ethernet Port as active, but no Powersoft amps. Is there a way for me to access the IP addresses of the amp?

-thanks, Mark
#2224 by luigichelli
October 27th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Hi Mark,
amplifiers are shipping in auto ip mode by default.
pls check if you can see them with the pc in dynamic ip mode and a straight connection (no router, dhcp, switch etc)
After that you can set the amps in static ip (same subnet of the computer)
Thanks!
#2225 by Mark Oakley
October 27th, 2016, 9:20 pm
Hi Luigi:

I changed my Ethernet settings to dynamic DHCP and everything is now talking to each other! I reset the amp's IP address to be compatible with my gear. Now all I have to do is learn to use the program.

Thanks for all you help-Mark
#2271 by tackle
January 4th, 2017, 8:20 pm
Hello,

i have a similar Problem with the M50HQ.

I can see the LANTRONIX and login on the Webinterface, but I can not find it in Armonia!
Fixed IP i used.

- Tried throught swith
- Tried directly with laptop (Static IP)

Please help. I dont want to made a Factory reset.
#2272 by GianniLuca
January 5th, 2017, 9:52 am
Hello

please be sure that in Armonia main manu, under communication manager tab, you see the SAME IP family to which your amp is subscribed as in static IP mode.

Secondly,please provide us the IP that Armonia is showing in communication manager, the amp IP and please try to connect the amp directly (eventually using your switch or router as long as they are set correctly)

Cheers
#2273 by tackle
January 5th, 2017, 10:53 am
Good morning,

The IP in the Lantronix is 192.168.178.23 255.255.255.0

The IP of the PC/Laptop is 192.168.178.22/24

Under options in Armonia is the correct Interface chosen.

Already tried a direct connectio to the Amp and through Switch/Router.

Is it possible that something is wrong on the LANTRONIX? I have made for testing on the Lantronix a factory reset to defaults.
#2274 by luigichelli
January 5th, 2017, 6:39 pm
Could it be that a software on your pc (maybe an antivirus or firewall) is blocking the communication?
Can you try with a different pc please?
Thanks!
#2502 by tackle
April 20th, 2017, 2:58 pm
Hello,

i still facing this issue.

How can i made a factory reset on a M50Q?

I need it now realy urgend.
#2626 by Mark Oakley
May 10th, 2017, 4:49 pm
Hi Tackle:

With my M50Q DSP+Eth amps, they were shipped with the IP address: 169.254.0.__. The way I made connection was to switch my computer to a compatible IP address (169.254.0.__) and then I could access the IP addresses on the amps. I changed the amps IP addresses to 192.168.1.__ to be compatible with my network, then switched my computers address back to its original 192.168.1.__ address, and now everything works. Try doing this and see if it works for you.

-Mark
#2627 by luigichelli
May 11th, 2017, 10:59 am
Thanks a lot for contributing Mark,
amps are shipping in dhcp/auto ip mode.
With that setting if the computer is in automatic ip mode too, it should see the devices without any additional settings; pc and amps will take by themselves an ip in the 169.254.xxx.xxx range. This is not a static ip, it's an ip self assigned by the devices themselves.
If the computer is in static ip mode, the amp has to be in a static (or dhcp assigned) ip matching the pc subnet.

Sometimes it might happen that the amp is in static ip and you forget witch one it is, in that case a software from lantronix can be used to discover the amps and reset the device in auto/dhcp mode:
http://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/app/answers/ ... 1494492024

Cheers!