Anything network wiring & communication, AESOP, etc, goes here...
#1555 by thollinger
October 29th, 2013, 7:11 pm
Within seconds after discovering my amps they all go offline. I can still add them to the workspace but the link state is inactive. This is true of Armonia 2.3.1 and 2.4.0. Amps are all M series. Normal setup is through a switch on a dedicated network. I get the same result going direct to the amp and bypassing the switch and I have swapped out the ethernet cable. I need to manage presets on a repaired amp and cannot do so if I can't talk to it.
#1556 by luigichelli
October 29th, 2013, 7:22 pm
Hi there!
we need you to answer some question to better understand the problem:
are your amplifier in auto or static ip?
...and your pc?
have you checked the "communication manager"? (armonia menu, in the top-left corner -> options -> communication manager)
try to pause/play the network from there.

can you successfully connect to just a single amplifier, straight from the pc?

thanks!
Luigi.
#1557 by thollinger
October 29th, 2013, 9:39 pm
I believe the amps are in auto but I really don't know since I can't access them. However, they do get discovered and show 169 addresses.
PC's are in static ip. My dedicated network devices are on 10.20.20.xx and I thought that was my problem so I changed the NIC to 192.168.1.xx (different xx for each PC I'm trying). Again, I can discover but then they drop offline within seconds. I can add them to the workspace but if I click on discover again it crashes Armonia.
Both my desktop and laptop have two NICs so I have to go into Communication Manager and Pause the NIC I'm not using and Play the one I am. I have tried a pause/play of the NIC the amps are on. I have tried disabling the other NIC in Windows. None of that has changed anything.
I can discover a single amp when connected directly but I have the same offline result every time.
#1558 by luigichelli
October 30th, 2013, 10:06 am
Please try this:

Disable all NICs except for the ethernet port that you will use for armonia.
Put your PC in Dynamic IP Mode
Just connect the PC directly to one amplifier, no other devices in the network.

let us know,
Luigi.
#1560 by thollinger
October 30th, 2013, 9:36 pm
That took care of it, thank you. I already had the other NIC disabled so it must have been that I had a static address on the PC. Do you see any problem with assigning each amp a static address in the 10.20.20.xx range and then using a static address in the same range on the PC? That's how I'm addressing all of my other gear and this network is isolated to that purpose.